Thursday, June 17, 2010

My dog is losing hair!! help?

For the last week I have been noticing my pup scratching alot and chewing around his tail and his hind legs. Its getting so bad that most of his hair is falling out and he is tearing open his skin. He doesnt have fleas I do a thourough search on him just about everyday. I also dont bathe him that much because they say that its bad for his natural oils. He seems perfectly healthy except his chewing..Any help would be great..



My dog is losing hair!! help?

could be mange...get to a vet ...or pseriousis



My dog is losing hair!! help?

trust me HE HAS FLEAS!!!! fleas spend about 80% of their time OFF of the dog......



treat the dog and the house for fleas



My dog is losing hair!! help?

STOP WASTING TIME ON YAHOO ANSWERS!!! TAKE HIM TO THE VET IMMEDIATELY!! THE POOR PUPPY DOG!!!



My dog is losing hair!! help?

You need to bathe him more often.



I bathe all of my dogs weekly %26amp; I have been breeding %26amp; showing dogs for 30 yrs. Contrary to the old wives tale that you shouldn't bathe dogs - it just isn't true.



Also - your dog very likely does have fleas even though you haven't found any. The area around the tail is where they love to hang out.



Start bathing your dog at least once a month. Use flea prevention on him at all times %26amp; make sure you de-flea your home.



I don't mean to be mean - but there is really no excuse for having a dirty, flea ridden dog. They make wonderful products for flea control %26amp; excellent pet shampoos. They are all quite affordable. It just takes a bit of effort on your part.



You could also take him to the groomer to do the bathing %26amp; flea control for you if you don't have time.



Good luck!



My dog is losing hair!! help?

GO TOO THE VET IT COULD BE ANY NUMBER OF THINGS



My dog is losing hair!! help?

In addition to the other suggestions already mentioned, the itch could be due to an allergy too. I had a dog once that after months of vet visits and a LOT of money, it turned out he was allergic to a food I had changed him to. I would take him to the vet to get a professional opinion as soon as possible. Whatever it is, he's suffering.



My dog is losing hair!! help?

Try changing his food to one that doesn't have wheat. Wheat is the #1 culprit for skin allergies. Also, when bathing (which should be at least once a month) use a shampoo called Tegrin. It's a dandruff shampoo found in any grocery store. NOT head and shoulders.



Also, make sure to brush him 1 - 2 times a day. That will alleviate some of the irritation, dead hair and skin. Also, he may have overly dry skin. Purchase a product called LInetone (at petsmart or petco). There is a formula specifically for dry skin. You can also use olive oil or fish oil.



My Golden Retriever suffers from dry skin and skin allergies adn the combination of the above have done wonders! She would break out in hot spots, lose hair, and scratch uncontrollably.



Good Luck



My dog is losing hair!! help?

But how are you going to find out if it's treatable at home or not? Not by asking on here you're not! If it's treatable at home, a vet will tell you so. You're not going to find the answer to this on here, but you would if you went to a vet. You don't have to buy any medication they offer you know, but if you go you can actually find out what the problem is!! All the time you're sitting at a computer, your dog is not being helped.



Flea are the biggest possibility. Do you know how to search for flea dirts? And if it isn't fleas, will then you definitely need to go to a vet, because it most certainly WON'T be a problem you can sort out at home!! I can't actually think of one cause of scratching that CAN be sorted out at home. Stress, maybe? Even if it's fleas well then, you need to go to a vets to get proper flea treatment!



Chalice

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans