Friday, November 27, 2009

How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the r

My Boyfriend has a gorgeous male husky. At my first visit he bite my hair when we were kissing. The dog later humped my leg. He is at ease at times but other times he is ready to hump my leg or tries to eat or bite my hair. I would think this is his way of trying to protect his master. But he also does it when he is out of the room. Almost like he knows that his master would not approve ofhis behavior. The dog is a great dog and I want him to learn to respect me and not try to molest my leg or eat my hair. BTW, he is also nuetered. Help!



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

He is totally and 100% disrespecting you. It has nothing to do with protecting his master. He is dominating you. The only way it will stop is if you become dominate over him. I suggest that if you have any way to watch The Dog Whisperer....do it.



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

It's a dominance thing - he's trying to show you that he's higher in the "pack" than you are. You need to teach him otherwise.



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

try smaking the dog hard/firm on the nose n standing up and saying no in a very firm voice



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

just make a loud nosie anytime he tries to do so, yell or hit two pots off eachother that is how i trained my dog right from wrong, i am against hitting a dog so loud nosies seem too work



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

You are exactly right.



He knows your BF is boss, but he's pushing you to see what he can get away with.



Talk to BF. Tell him your having some trouble and the dog needs to be on a leash around you. At least for a while.



The leash will help you control him and "show him who's boss".



~Hold the end of the leash down with your foot (works sitting and standing). Give him enough slack to lay down comfortably, but he is not allowed to stand up. (no humping, no hair biting)



~When he approches you, command him (yes, COMMAND don't whisper, don't ask him nice, command him!) to sit.



~If he slips by your defenses: Say "NO", clap your hands, stand up and turn your back on him.



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

He isn't protecting anyone.. He is DOMINATING you.. You keep letting him do that, and he will possess you.. Might want to put a stop to the behaviour. If you can't figure out how, tell his owner to.



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

Do you guys hump in front of the dog? Maybe he's mimicing you. Put him outside when you do the do!



How do I stop my BF's Dog from trying to bite my hair and humping me when my BF is out of the room?

The best advice i can give is to put yourself above him in the pack...dogs will mount each other or bite near the face as a sign of dominance...which is EXACTLY what he is doing with you.



There is nothing that your boyfriend can do here...as he is already in the alpha position...you do have to take matters into your own hands and assert dominance over him...this is surprisingly easy...all you have to do is interact with him. Go get some treats and give him a command sit, stay, come...make him DO somthing to get the treat...that shows you are above him...and feed him too if your boyfriend will let you because that is something the alpha dog does...the kicker is to eat something...a little snack IN FRONT OF HIM THEN give him his food...you always eat first, go in/out of doors first/ hug boyfriend first...be the first to do anything before the dog does..also when you're playing on the floor make sure you are NOT on equal length with the dog...stay above him showing you are in charge...while playing, roll him on his back and give him a belly rub...dogs love belly rubs and having his belly exposed is the most submissive position a dog can be in



Huskies are a very primitive breed and they talk with their eyes...this is another VERY VERY important thing to do...when he tries to dominate you in ANY way whether mounting or biting your hair...stand up..because this puts you in a position ABOVE the dog..which is where the alpha is in the pack... and say assertively NO...and LOOK HIM DIRECTLY IN THE EYES....AND DON'T LOOK AWAY UNTIL HE LOOKS AWAY FIRST!!!!!! You absolutely CAN NOT LOOK AWAY FIRST otherwise you have just yielded dominance to him...make SURE he looks away FIRST...when he does you know he has accepted your dominance for the time being...repeat this everytime you need to...remember DON'T LOOK AWAY FIRST!!!...with huskies this can be a bit tough and you may get into a staring match...DON'T yield...you'll be glad you didn't and the dog finds a newborn respect for his pack member

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans