Saturday, November 28, 2009

I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

Does she hate the blow dryer or the cuts or both? She may hate the blow dryer because of the high pitch noise (we can't hear it), or she may hate the feeling. Is it too hot, maybe? You could give her a benadryl before to calm her down. Also, if she hates the cuts as well, you have to let her know who the boss is from the start. Don't go against the grain of her fur and don't use a stiff wire brush. Get a zoom groom from Pet Smart or Petco. Also, make sure that you aren't poking her accidentally. If you are using blades, make sure that you use the proper blade for the area you are doing. Be gentle, yet firm, and don't pamper her during the process because she knows she has won then.



I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

Yes.....leave the dog alone.



I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

I can only tell you one thing , don't cut the nails after bath , my dog hides under the bed when i run my shower she knows she might get a bath , it's not the bath its the nails !!! I have stopped doing it the same time now and it hasn't gotten any better yet. good luck.



I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

get in tub with animal and play even do a bubble bath take a favorite toy and do not make the water to deep even a few treats you do not give other wise when good praise and give treat, then you get out leave dog in talking to it all the while, then once out let it air dry the blower frightens them, let dog see you blow dry your hair then it might let you sample dry theirs.



I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

My dog never has really dug the blow drying part. I just kind of hold her firmly and talk to her. She has gotten a little better, and now she sits more patiently. She waits for me to say, ok go play, then she runs around like a wild bull! So cute!



I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

i had a lhasa apso that was much the same way. talk to your vet, they can provide you with a mild tranquilizer to administer before bath time. you also may consider a professional groomer, but again the tranquilizer may still be necessary.



I have tried give my dog a hair cut and blow dry my dogs coat but she hates it, any tips!?

You have to make everything fun. And it's best to start when the dog is very young. If you get the pup used to baths and noises from a hair dryer, she won't mind it later. But if she's older and already developed an aversion to both, then try as you might, you probably won't have a lot of luck. Dogs can be very stubborn.



You could try a professional groomer and see if that helps. Going to a new place could be exciting. Bring lots of her favorite treats too. Your dog might associate going to the groomer with delicious treats - and that association might be so strong that she won't mind the bath, hair cut and hair dryer.



If that is too much $$, some professional groomers have areas where the owner can give his/her dog a bath himself (for a fee, of course). The bigger space might also calm your dog (as opposed to a small tub and bathroom). Again, keep the treats coming.



Also, if you are the "alpha" in the house, even if your dog hates it, by being a dominant alpha she will agree to your will and tolerate the bath, hair cut and drying. So you may also want to look into some obedience training for her (and you).



That's about it. If none of this works (and honestly, if she's properly obedience trained already and you still have this problem, it may be time for a refresher class for both of you), then you'll just have to find some way to make the event fun for her. For example, she probably hates the noise of the hair clippers and blow dryer. So towel dry her (dogs usually love that) and clip her hair with scissors when wet and let her dry naturally. It might be more work with scissors, but now the experience is better for both of you.



Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans