Friday, November 27, 2009

What is causeing the hair on my dog to fall out on his belly?

He is an outside dog. He only comes in when the wether is bad.



What is causeing the hair on my dog to fall out on his belly?

it is possible that he has mange. my dog had this and lost hair on her face, front paws, belly, etc. many things can cause hair loss in dogs though so i would get him checked out by the vet. it could be as simple as him not getting enough nutrition. cause if it is mange there is two kinds. one can be transmitted to humans. but either way if mange isn't treated the dog will die from it. but yeah...just get him checked out just to be on the safe side.



What is causeing the hair on my dog to fall out on his belly?

That happened to my Jack Russell. I had him tested for mange, which he didn't have thank God. I later found out from my neighbor, who also had a Jack, that it was an allergy to ground orchids. I lived in the Virgin Islands at the time. The vet gave me some spray that helped. Definately have him checked for mange though.



What is causeing the hair on my dog to fall out on his belly?

Has he been neutered? If so this is called male feminizing syndrome. Its because the level of testosterone has diminished because of losing his testicles. If he is not fixed then it could be some kind of allergy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans