Friday, November 27, 2009

There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

My mom was cutting my dogs hair and the scissors slipped and she cut a small, but decent sized, chunk of skin from the lower back of her ear (near where it connects to her head). It is not bleeding much at all, but it looks pretty bad. It is a Sunday and there aren't really any vets open... what can i do?



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

What would your mom do if she was cutting your hair and did the same thing to you? If you wait, it can never be sown back together, it will heal (if you are lucky) and forever be separated. Or it will get infected, you will have a nice large vet bill, a local, the vet may have the slice off the dead tissue and then sew it back together - hmmmmm e-vet anyone??



if your mom did this to you, you all would be at the emergency room - do the same for your pet please.



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

Good - I am glad to hear that! Hope the dog recovers - and word to the wise - never let your mom live that one down - especially the next time she wants to cut your hair! :) Report It



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

Go out and buy some styptic powder . . . it stops the bleeding. bandage it in gauze and tomorrow go and see your vet.



good luck!



-sids



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

Keep an eye on it.. it may not be bleeding much, but try to get it to stop bleeding. If it starts bleeding worse, she needs to see an ER vet (those are open on Sundays)



If it stops bleeding and doesnt start back up, it will heal.. she may always have a nick in her ear.



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

i treat my animals like they are my kids, if my child gets a cut, I clean and bandage it. and call the doc when needed....treat your pet the same !! hope you dog feels better soon!



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

You need to take it to the emergency vet in your area because it may need stitches. Clean it with some hydrogen peroxide in the mean time. I highly suggest you take it to a vet because deep cuts need stitches or they will not heal correctly and usually get infected.



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

umm, look online for emergency vet centers (yes, they exist). When I had to send my dog to the emergency vet, I think they said they were open sundays too. If you're in minnesota that is.



If they're arnt any, wash the wound well, dry it and make sure nothing gets in it! Otherwise it could lead to infection so be careful!



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

first clean it with peroxide or something that cleans. Be careful she might try to nip you because it hurts.then put something like a bandage or a band-aid on it. then tommorow go see a vet, you don't want to take any chances with your pet.



There's a deep cut on my dogs ear... what should io do?

when my dog had a cut on her ear I put hydrogen peroxide on it to clean it out. Then I put Neosporin +pain on it and in a bandage. a week later it was back to normal. U should take it to the vet if it isn't cleared up in 3 days if it is a deep cut! But 4 now u need to put just hydrogen peroxide on it to clean it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
homeowner loans